Thursday, October 14, 2010

Hello World!

Okay...so here I am breaking through technology barriers and into the world of blogging. Sure, sure..I had to have my IT Professional super friend actually set this up for me, but I'm sure I'll figure out what the hell I'm doing eventually.

Honestly, I never thought I'd be behind the ball on anything...it's so funny how you lose touch with things. I used to look at my parents and think to myself "When did they stop paying attention? It's as if they know nothing about everything." Apparently growing uninformed coincides with growing old. Half of the things that I hear children talking about today just baffle me...Hell...it took me hours to truly understand the Silly Bands thing. Once I drew from my vast youth experience of jelly bracelets, slap bracelets, and hyper color t-shirts, I was finally able to grasp the latest adolescent trend.

Funny thing is, I see it from an adult's perspective now...which is a 'complete and total waste of money'. I don't have children of my own yet, rather I "co-parent" my boyfriend's two children, and it's absolutely hysterical to me the flashbacks I'm continuously getting of when I was a child and my parents were going through exactly what I am.

But enough about that,  you'll learn more about that part of my life inevitably. Which leads me to my initial target of conversation, right before I went on my "damn I'm getting old" tangent (which I'll do quite frequently). I was getting to my blog, and it's purpose. To be honest, it's cheaper than a shrink. But realistically, you'll read about my days and things that I love, hate, people I wish would die....ya know, the usual bullshit....whatever strikes me for the day as being important. I can't promise to write daily, as I am an active person with a full-time job, of which I'm constantly neglecting, but I'll be sure to keep things somewhat fresh.

I hope somewhere someone can read along and find something to relate to, sympathize with, or just enjoy and continue to come back. Welcome to my blog! I'm Katy...and I Did It.

1 comment:

  1. Ilove that you named you blog this - since I call you Katydid :) x x x

    ReplyDelete